1. Information on the collection of personal data
Dampskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S (‘NORDEN’, ‘we’) recognises and respects the importance of the privacy of the visitors of our website. This policy accounts for how we look after your personal data when you visit our website. If you do not agree with the terms herein, please do not use this website and delete the cookies placed by the website.
2. Data controller
The entity responsible for the processing of your personal data is:
Dampskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S
2900 Hellerup, Denmark
CVR no.: 67758919.
3. Personal data and data collection
On our website or upon your contact with us, we may collect different types of information submitted by you, for example, name and email address. When visiting the website, we generally track your navigation on our site. The type of data that we collect and register in this regard is the IP address you are using and your navigation through our website, i.e. which sites/subsites are viewed and which links are clicked, etc. The purpose of registering this data is to ensure an improved user-experience on our website and make the content more relevant to you individually, e.g. by showing related content. The abovementioned data is registered and processed for the purposes of:
- Distribution of information to you by NORDEN, and/or
Data collected will not be disclosed to anyone outside NORDEN without your consent unless permitted or required under applicable legislation.
We delete or anonymise data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed. Generally, the data regarding your navigation on our website will be kept for a period of up to 12 months.
4. Newsletter service
NORDEN uses Mailchimp to handle our newsletter service.
NORDEN has access to our lists of subscribers of our newsletters in Danish and English, respectively. The lists contain name and e-mail address of subscribers that have made a double opt-in subscription to our newsletter.
Should you wish to delete your subscription, you can always do so via the link at the bottom of the newsletter. Your name and e-mail address will then be deleted permanently from the list.
NORDEN has access to a list via MailChimp with e-mail addresses of subscribers that have permanent server problems or an outdated address. These cleaned addresses will not and cannot receive future newsletters from NORDEN but will be kept in the list as MailChimp is required to manage these e-mail addresses in a specific manner due to anti-spam laws. However, if you wish to have your outdated e-mails address removed from this list, you can do so by sending a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your name and e-mail address will then be deleted permanently from the list.
5. Data Subject Rights
You are entitled, in the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable law, to:
- Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data of you and, if so, obtain information on and a copy of those personal data
- Request rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we no longer process your Personal data
- Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we only process your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent
- Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of Personal data that you have provided to us, or request us to transmit such personal data to another data controller
If you wish to exercise your right to access your personal data, to object to it being processed or to rectify processed data, please contact email@example.com.
7. Contact details
If you have any questions or comments or wish to exercise your rights under applicable legislation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.