Fuel Efficiency and Decarbonisation is part of the Advanced Analytics and Digital Solutions department working as support function to the business to help with key technological knowledge throughout NORDEN. We are a dedicated team working to solve many different data analytical tasks with sustainability and fuel efficiency as the main driver. We have access to a huge amount of data from many different sources which allows the use of advanced mathematical models. As we are eager to provide the best possible service to our colleagues, we need engaged, structured, and independent student assistants. Work hours are flexible, on average we expect you to work 15 - 20 hours per week.
What is in it for you
- An opportunity to use your analytical and professional skills from your study in a real-world business.
- Great working conditions including flexible working hours.
- Being part of a young and modern team with an informal and fun tone.
- A good social life both on and off work.
- Supporting the business by answering mails from the team’s mail queue.
- Collection and registration of different kinds of data.
- Develop and maintain systems and source code.
- Being part of larger projects throughout NORDEN and/or in charge of personal small projects.
- Lots of different tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- You are expected to be at the first part of a relevant technical or mathematical education.
- You are acquainted with analytical methods for data processing.
- You have experience with different programming related languages (e.g. MATLAB, Python, R, SQL).
- You can communicate in English and are eligible to work in Denmark.
- You are curios to learn more about the shipping industry.
What we offer
As student assistant in Fuel Efficiency and Decarbonisation, you will become part of a big international company with proud traditions. In NORDEN we are open minded, ambitious, and work towards a shared overall goal. We value our student assistants and highly prioritise their individual development.
NORDEN is a leading shipping company within dry cargo and product tankers and an integrated part of the global commodity trade. With 12 offices across 6 continents, we combine global expertise and local insights to deliver reliable, safe and efficient solutions to our customers all over the world, enabling smarter global trade.
Operating at the heart of global trade, we are committed to decarbonising the global supply chain, becoming industry leaders within diversity, equality and inclusion, while taking a firm stance on all forms of corruption.
Please upload your application, resume and relevant diplomas via our website as soon as possible and no later than 6. June 2022. We review applications and interview candidates on a continuous basis.
NORDEN values diversity in thought, educational background, and professional competencies and therefore encourage all qualified individuals to apply for the position.
If you have any questions, please contact Thiago Pessôa at THP@norden.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Were you missing anything in this job ad? Please share your feedback with us here.