NORDEN is looking for a Freight Invoicing Specialist to join Operations – reporting to Laytime Lead. This role will be handling all freight invoices in close co-operation with Operations and Chartering and will be working at our head office in Hellerup or in Singapore
What is in it for you:
We are looking for an outgoing detail focused person who enjoys working in a busy environment with many nationalities.
- As a Freight Invoicing Specialist you are a part of on an international team
- You will be a part of a dynamic department in an organisation which is highly focused on personal development and teamwork while working closely with colleagues across departments
- With NORDEN’s role as one of the biggest market participants in the segments we serve, we have a unique access to value adding data which can potentially be turned into a game changing competitive advantage
- Preparing and invoicing initial freight in accordance with contract terms for all voyage fixtures world wide
- Ensure freight is received and handled.
- You have a solid understanding of the shipping industry and for legal aspects
- You have commercial insight and knowledge, i.e. understanding of terminology used, documentation needed, ability to identify issues in contracts, quality assurance etc.
- You have insight how various data affects the process end-to-end
- Your way of working is effective, structured and persistent. You care for details and are critical in interpreting and presenting numbers
- You have strong communicative skills and you thrive on follow up and making sure initial freight payments are received
- Excellent English skills both spoken and in writing are required
- You have an intuitive understanding of IT and experience with IMOS is considered an advantage
What we offer:
With NORDEN, you will become part of an international company where we are proud of our heritage and of how we continue to live the values of NORDEN. The culture of NORDEN’s Dry Cargo division is characterized by high ambitions, high engagement and an informal way of working together. You will be given independent responsibility and ample opportunity for professional sparring with Operations, Chartering and Laytime colleagues.
NORDEN was founded in 1871, making it one of Denmark’s oldest internationally operating shipping companies. We provide dry cargo and product tankers services globally and offer our shareholders earnings from industry-leading operator activities implemented by a highly skilled organisation in addition to cyclical exposure to dry cargo and product tanker markets.
With 11 offices across 6 continents, NORDEN is an integrated part of the global commodity trade – delivering reliable, safe and compliant transport solutions to customers all over the world.
We work with a high degree of freedom with responsibility and support each other in our efforts to help NORDEN creating exceptional results. We have a truly unique culture, a network of helpful colleagues and a company trying to change the business of shipping by living our Corporate Soul Purpose:
“As custodians of smarter global trade, we are conscious, soulful people uniting a world, where every person and action matters.”
Please reach out to Laytime lead Mette Conradsen on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application and CV latest by May 1st and will be having interviews continuously.