Data Curation Specialist
NORDEN is looking for a quality assurance focused Data Curation Specialist to join the Finance team at our office in Limassol, Cyprus reporting to the Finance System Manager in Copenhagen, Denmark. In NORDEN we have set out an ambitious growth strategy. We have therefore increased our focus on data quality, process optimisation and digitisation – and as part of that, strengthening the data quality assurance. In the position of Data Curation Specialist, you will get to play a key role in this strategic and highly prioritised journey.
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
What is in it for you:
We are looking for an outgoing solution-oriented person who enjoys working with quality assurance and the processes involved within business applications.
- As a Data Curation Specialist, you will contribute to the commercial department’s daily workflow and help drive digital transformation at one of the world’s leading shipping companies
- You will be part of a dynamic department in an organisation which is highly focused on personal development and teamwork while working closely with colleagues from several departments
- With NORDEN’s role as one of the biggest market participants in the segments we serve, we have a unique access to value adding data which can potentially be turned into a game changing competitive advantage
- You will have the opportunity to learn proven techniques from industry veterans and provide your own ideas in an open and inclusive environment
- Lifecycle ownership of chartering contracts in IMOS
- Validate and update IMOS based on Charter Parties
- Facilitate handover from Chartering to Operation
- Ensure updates to contracts are communicated to internal stakeholders
- Ensure correct setup of internal business units (IBU) and payment structures
- Proactively identify, analyze, and optimize end-to-end business processes and workflows
- Support colleagues throughout the organisation in optimal application usage
Your qualifications and attributes:
- Commercial Shipping insight and knowledge, e.g., understanding of terminology used, documentation needed
- Process and internal control experience
- IMOS super user
- Work independently
- Analytical and meticulous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the written and spoken English language
What we offer:
- A key impact role and the opportunity to accelerate your career at an exciting international company.
- A true strategic stake in the company’s growth as key part of Data Curation, Finance team
- A fun, informal, and international working atmosphere with intelligent and passionate colleagues
NORDEN was founded in 1871, making it one of Denmark’s oldest internationally operating shipping companies. We provide dry cargo and product tankers services globally and offer our shareholders earnings from industry-leading operator activities implemented by a highly skilled organisation in addition to cyclical exposure to dry cargo and product tanker markets.
With 11 offices across 6 continents, NORDEN is an integrated part of the global commodity trade – delivering reliable, safe, and compliant transport solutions to customers all over the world.
We work with a high degree of freedom with responsibility and support each other in our efforts to help NORDEN create exceptional results. We have a truly unique culture, a network of helpful colleagues and a company that is striving to change the business of shipping by living our Corporate Soul Purpose:
“As custodians of smarter global trade, we are conscious, soulful people uniting a world, where every person and action matters.”
We look forward to receiving your application, CV, and other relevant background material via the link below as soon as possible and no later than March 20th, 2021.