NORDEN is looking for a Decarbonisation Specialist to join the Fuel Efficiency & Decarbonisation Team. NORDEN have clearly defined and ambitious goals for reducing our climate impact and as Decarbonisation Specialist you will be part of making NORDEN a greener company.
What is in it for you:
- As Decarbonisation Specialist you will be an important part of NORDENs efforts to reduce emissions
- Have the chance to join an interesting and important project with a high focus from the business
- You will be part of a team focussing on vessels’ energy efficiency as well as green fuels and alternative propulsion methods
- You will contribute to shipping’s transition towards becoming a greener industry through collaboration with alternative fuel suppliers and technology providers
- Identify and analyse new fuels and technologies that can help NORDEN to reduce emissions from our ships
- Scope projects and form partnerships with promising opportunities
- Design and perform full scale test to prove technical and commercial viability
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including commercial and technical colleagues
- MSc. in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture or similar
- 0-3 years of experience including newly graduated
- Knowledge of energy systems and modelling, internal combustion engines and alternative fuels or ship design
- Practical experience with mechanical systems is an advantage
- Interest in getting to know the shipping industry from a commercial aspect while providing technical solutions to fulfil our climate ambitions
- Eligible to work in Denmark
- English is a must since we are an international team
What we offer:
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in reducing NORDEN’s climate impact while working in the cross field of engineering and business
NORDEN was founded in 1871, making it one of Denmark’s oldest internationally operating shipping companies. We provide dry cargo and product tankers services globally and offer our shareholders earnings from industry-leading operator activities implemented by a highly skilled organisation in addition to cyclical exposure to dry cargo and product tanker markets.
With 11 offices across 6 continents, NORDEN is an integrated part of the global commodity trade – delivering reliable, safe and compliant transport solutions to customers all over the world.
We work with a high degree of freedom with responsibility and support each other in our efforts to help NORDEN create exceptional results. We have a truly unique culture, a network of helpful colleagues and a company that is striving to change the business of shipping by living our Corporate Soul Purpose:
“As custodians of smarter global trade, we are conscious, soulful people uniting a world, where every person and action matters.”
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Fuel Efficiency and Decarbonisation, Henrik Røjel on tel. + +4524653110. We look forward to receiving your application, CV and other relevant background material via the link below as soon as possible and no later than March 10th, 2021