NORDEN is looking for a Data Engineer for vessel and shipping market data to join the Advanced Analytics and Digital Solutions department at our headquarter in Hellerup, Denmark. At NORDEN, we are becoming increasingly more data driven in our decision-making. Are you a Data Engineer and do you want to play a central role in this strategic and highly prioritised journey? Then you might be our new colleague.
What is in it for you:
As a Data Engineer you will work closely with both data scientists and market researchers in developing services that are directly used by other colleagues in our chartering departments and at our trading desks.
You will have the opportunity to explore large, diverse, and unique datasets with a goal of assisting us using this data to generate features and insights that will be used to make critical business and trading decisions.
You will be part of an informal, innovative and diverse department in an organisation highly focused on personal development and teamwork.
Gain experience working with a modern tech-stack including Python, Prefect, Docker and cloud solutions from Azure.
With NORDEN’s role as one of the biggest market participants in the segments we support, we have a unique access to value adding data. You will be an important participant in turning that into an innovative competitive advantage.
You will have the opportunity to work with experienced colleges in various data-science, shipping, and trading disciplines, providing a deep understanding of the dynamics of modern shipping markets.
You will work in an open and inclusive environment in a 20+ person department. A well thriving department where we take well care of each other.
- Build and maintain data pipelines.
- Create and enrich meaningful datasets through a combination of internal and external data.
- Generate decisive measures from datasets that will be used either directly in decision-making or as features for models.
- Build datasets from which market imbalances can be found.
- Work with non-technical stakeholders to derive and implement technical solutions to business challenges.
- Lead, organise and execute on data capture, validation, enrichment and support activities.
- Develop a systems-based approach to data engineering that can be replicated and provide value within the larger organisation.
- To be the right candidate for this position, we expect you to have an educational background within computer science, software engineering, or related fields, with a bachelor’s degree as a minimum. It is a requirement that you have relevant work experience with Python and Azure (or similar cloud provider). It is an advantage if you have led or participated in decision-taking regarding technical solutions such as technology choice or overall structuring of data. We are open and ready to form the role to match your experience and capabilities.
- Background in mathematical modelling, statistics, computer science or similar majors.
- Programming skills - ideally in Python and SQL.
- English is a must since we are an international team.
- Eligible to work in Denmark.
What we offer:
- A key impact role and the opportunity to accelerate your career at an exciting international company.
- A true strategic stake in the company’s growth as key part of Advanced Analytics and Digital Solutions department.
- A fun, informal and international working atmosphere with enthusiastic and passionate colleagues.
Our company :
NORDEN is a recognised shipping company within dry cargo and product tankers and an integrated part of the global commodity trade. With 13 offices across 6 continents, we combine global expertise and local insights to deliver trusted, safe and efficient solutions to our customers all over the world, enabling smarter global trade.
NORDEN has a value-based culture that empowers our purpose of enabling smarter global trade – every single day. Operating at the heart of global trade, NORDEN is committed to aiding customers decarbonise their supply chains, setting high standards within diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as health and safety. All while ensuring strong governance and taking a firm stance against any form of corruption. NORDEN is a people-oriented business which aims to give all employees equal opportunities to realise their potential, ensure well-being and enable our employees to operate as a globally connected team.
Please upload your application, resume and relevant diplomas via our website as soon as possible and no later than 19 June, 2023. We review applications and interview candidates on an ongoing basis.
NORDEN values diversity in thought, educational background, and professional competencies and therefore encourages all qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Were you missing anything in this job ad? Please share your feedback with us here.