NORDEN is looking for an analyst to join the Market Research team. The team consists of 2 employees but is part of the wider Asset Management department in NORDEN, which consists of 18 people with a wide range of backgrounds ranging from sale and purchase of ships, operations, technical management and finally market research.
Our daily responsibility is to monitor the world situation, structure and analyse data as well as identify key drivers in the market. We use this to offer insights on developments on the market, not only to Asset Management, but also to both Senior Management and the chartering departments thereby enabling the organization to draw knowledge-based decisions.
What is in it for you:
As a company combining shipping and trading, market research and data driven decisions form an integral part of our decision making. You will aid in ensuring constant and high-quality data and visualisation within the company thereby enabling our different profit centres to form knowledge-based trades and strategies.
- Finding yourself at the centre of global trade where every major news story in the world has an impact on our results.
- Develop key data skills and market understandings in a constantly changing market.
- Working in a place with a high focus on empathy and doing what is right.
- Professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high and will guide and assist you to ensure you will do well.
- Flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home as per agreement with your direct leader.
Your focus will be on assisting in tanker research in the Market Research department in gathering market intelligence, structuring data, maintain and update mathematical models as well as help visualising these to continue enabling the organisation to make data-driven decisions. Further, you will work closely with the Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence teams on the bigger tasks involving cross department data flows. Your primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Gaining an understanding of international shipping - and especially the drivers behind the oil and oil transport supply/demand mechanics.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics teams to collect, structure, and organize data to be used by the organization.
- Creating and maintaining mathematical models for explaining and predicting the future market
- Assisting the Market Research department in providing ad-hoc analyses for internal stakeholders and deep dive into various market related topics.
- Creating and maintaining Power BI reports and dashboards as well as other data visualisation tools.
- We are looking for a new colleague with solid analytical skills and who has a disciplined and structured approach. Others will describe you as having a curious personality and an investigative mindset, and for this role a level of cross-team collaboration and interaction will be required.
- You have a professional or educational background that gives a good understanding of analysing data and applying mathematics to solve complex problems.
- Have a positive view to the job: no job is too big; no job is too small – we cover a wide range of tasks which may sometimes require repetition.
- You are interested in global energy trade, but do not need to be an expert on this nor shipping as you will undergo substantial on-the-job training.
- If you are a fresh graduate or have a few years of experience from an analytical background - and you carry a curiosity for market research - this role is the right match for you.
- If you are completing your studies next summer, we are open to hire you as a student assistant now and then you will be hired fulltime after having handed in /defended your thesis.
NORDEN is a recognised shipping company within dry cargo and product tankers and an integrated part of the global commodity trade. With 13 offices across 6 continents, we combine global expertise and local insights to deliver trusted, safe and efficient solutions to our customers all over the world, enabling smarter global trade.
NORDEN has a value-based culture that empowers our purpose of enabling smarter global trade – every single day. Operating at the heart of global trade, NORDEN is committed to aiding customers decarbonise their supply chains, setting high standards within diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as health and safety. All while ensuring strong governance and taking a firm stance against any form of corruption. NORDEN is a people-oriented business which aims to give all employees equal opportunities to realise their potential, ensure well-being and enable our employees to operate as a globally connected team.
Do you wish to get onboard with us – apply for this position today.
We look forward to receiving your application, resume and relevant diplomas via our website as soon as possible and no later than 27 March, 2023. We review applications and interview candidates on an ongoing basis.
NORDEN values diversity in thought, educational background and professional competencies and we therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Were you missing anything in this job ad? Please share your feedback with us here.