NORDEN is looking for a Data Scientist for vessel related services to join the Advanced Analytics and Digital Solutions at our head office in Hellerup, Denmark. At NORDEN, we are becoming increasingly more data driven in our decision-making. In the position as Data Scientist, you will get to play a central role in this strategic and highly prioritised journey.
What is in it for you:
- As a Data Scientist you will contribute in various projects to shape business decisions and drive digital transformation at one of the world’s leading shipping companies.
- You will get to contribute to services supporting Nordens ambitious climate strategy.
- You will be part of a young, informal, and dynamic department in an organisation with highly focused on personal development and teamwork.
- Gain experience working with a modern tech-stack including (but not limited to) Python, Prefect, Docker, and cloud solutions from Azure.
- With NORDEN’s role as one of the biggest market participants in the segments we serve, we have a unique access to value adding data which can potentially be turned into a game changing competitive advantage.
- You will have the opportunity to learn proven techniques from industry veterans and provide your own ideas in an open and inclusive environment.
- Maintain and enhance NORDEN’s suite of services on vessel performance monitoring, performance prediction, vessel rating and emission rating.
- Assist in development of further models and services related to the selection, performance and operation of vessels.
- Be part of developing services assisting NORDEN’s decarbonisation journey.
- Work with non-technical stakeholders to derive and implement technical solutions to business challenges.
- 0-2 years’ experience in an agile software development framework. Statistical or machine learning model implementation is a plus.
- Background in mathematical modelling, statistics, computer science or similar majors.
- Programming skills, ideally in Python and SQL. Must be experienced in Python and ideally have some familiarity with SQL.
- Knowledge on ships and naval architecture would be beneficial but is not considered a requirement.
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
- Ability to communicate data science results to all business stakeholders.
- English is a must since we are an international team.
- Eligible to work in Denmark.
What we offer:
- A key impact role and the opportunity to accelerate your career at an exciting international company.
- A true strategic stake in the company’s growth as key part of Advanced Analytics and Digital Solutions team.
- A fun, informal and international working atmosphere with intelligent and passionate colleagues.
NORDEN is a leading shipping company within dry cargo and product tankers and an integrated part of the global commodity trade. With 12 offices across 6 continents, we combine global expertise and local insights to deliver reliable, safe and efficient solutions to our customers all over the world, enabling smarter global trade.
Operating at the heart of global trade, we are committed to decarbonizing the global supply chain, becoming industry leaders within diversity, equality, and inclusion, while taking a firm stance on all forms of corruption.
Please upload your application, resume and relevant diplomas via our website as soon as possible and no later than 14 August 2022. We review applications and interview candidates on a continuous basis.
NORDEN values diversity in thought, educational background, and professional competencies and therefore encourage all qualified individuals to apply for the position.
Were you missing anything in this job ad? Please share your feedback with us here.