Business Application Manager - Singapore
We are looking for an outgoing, systematic and shipping savvy colleague, who is excited to work with our core business applications and the processes connected to them. In NORDEN, we have set out an ambitious growth strategy. We have therefore increased our focus on process optimisation and digitalisation – and as part of that, strengthening the use of our core business applications even further.
You base will be at our office in Singapore and your main customers will be our colleagues in the Pacific area. Occasional travelling to other NORDEN sites is to be expected.
What is in it for you: Optimisation and interaction.
In the role as a Business Application Manager, you will be part of a team working to optimise the processes and use of our core business applications. You will be instrumental in educating and supporting your colleagues throughout the organisation in application usage as well as securing seamless interfaces with other systems.
- Analysing and optimising our business applications use and surrounding processes.
- Training and support activities
- Promote process and system alignment across the organisation.
- Participate or lead in developing closer integration of applications.
Though IMOS VIP is your main focus, you will be involved in other applications as well e.g., Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM, SEDNA, Office 365 and other applications used by the business.
You will be part of a larger Business Applications team (located in Copenhagen) and you will also work closely together with colleagues from IT, Business Intelligence and of course the Business areas.
Your qualifications: Passion for working with people, processes as well as systems.
- Extensive shipping knowledge is an essential requirement, preferably from chartering, operations, control or laytime.
- You are experienced in working with shipping business application(s) – you are familiar with IMOS VIP.
- You have a passion for working with people, processes as well as systems.
- You are a great communicator – inspiring when teaching as well as listening and understanding when working to understand the users’ daily work.
- You have a natural curiosity about technology and digitalisation, but in-depth technical knowledge is not a requirement.
- You can work independently, assume responsibility for your tasks and are good at prioritising, and at the same time be a strong team player.
- You are systematic, solution-oriented logic thinking and detail oriented, as well as capable of focusing on the big picture in complex processes.
NORDEN was founded in 1871, making it one of the world’s oldest internationally operating shipping companies. We are at the heart of global trade, providing reliable and efficient dry cargo and product tanker services to customers across the world, enabling smarter global trade. With 11 offices across 6 continents, NORDEN is an integrated part of the global commodity trade with close proximity to our customers.
We do not offer jobs at NORDEN, we offer careers. We are extremely proud of the feeling of community, support and respect that we have nurtured at NORDEN, resulting in what we believe is a vibrant, exciting, respectful and ethical environment where individuals have the autonomy and empowerment to make decisions that matter – work that yields tangible results in the real world.
Please send your application with your CV via the link below. As we will be evaluating the applications on an ongoing basis, please send your application as soon as possible. We have an extended application period due to Danish vacation period, and please expect some response time. Application deadline July 28th, 2021.