Operations Specialist - Laytime
NORDEN is looking for an experienced Laytime Manager or an experienced Operator who can see her-/himself specialising in laytime - and perhaps with reasonable office hours!
The position as Laytime Manager is located with our Dry Operator division in Rio.
What is in it for you:
The role offers a perfect opportunity to specialize in laytime as primary area of responsibility.
- As a laytime manger you are a part of on an international team
- You will be a part of a dynamic department in an organisation which is highly focused on personal development and teamwork while working closely with colleagues across departments
- With NORDEN’s role as one of the biggest market participants in the segments we serve, we have a unique access to value adding data which can potentially be turned into a game changing competitive advantage
- Calculation and control of laytime
- Dialogue and negotiation with the parties involved in case of disagreement about laytime calculations
- Ensuring that all claims (debit/credit) are processed and paid on time (demurrage/despatch)
- Collection of balance freights
- Building and maintaining close relations and contact with relevant stakeholders
- Sparring with Chartering and Operations in order to optimize CP terms
- You have experience from a similar role or you have gained experience with laytime from an Operator role
- You have a solid understanding of the shipping industry and for legal aspects which enables you to interpret the clauses of charter parties
- Your way of working is effective, structured and persistent. You care for details and are critical in interpreting and presenting numbers
- You have strong communicative and negotiating skills and you thrive on follow up and chasing the final details to closure
- Excellent English skills both spoken and in writing are required
- You have an intuitive understanding of IT and experience with IMOS is considered an advantage
What we offer:
With NORDEN, you will become part of an international company where we are proud of our heritage and of how we continue to live the values of NORDEN. The culture of NORDEN’s Dry Operator division is characterized by high ambitions, high engagement and an informal way of working together. You will be given independent responsibility and ample opportunity for professional sparring with 6 other laytime managers (4 in Copenhagen and 2 in Singapore) as well as with the colleagues in the rest of the department.
If any questions, please reach out to Laytime Lead Mette Conradsen on e-mail email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application and CV latest by May 1st and will be having interviews continuously.
NORDEN was founded in 1871, making it one of Denmark’s oldest internationally operating shipping companies. We provide dry cargo and product tankers services globally and offer our shareholders earnings from industry-leading operator activities implemented by a highly skilled organisation in addition to cyclical exposure to dry cargo and product tanker markets.
With 11 offices across 6 continents, NORDEN is an integrated part of the global commodity trade – delivering reliable, safe and compliant transport solutions to customers all over the world.
We work with a high degree of freedom with responsibility and support each other in our efforts to help NORDEN creating exceptional results. We have a truly unique culture, a network of helpful colleagues and a company trying to change the business of shipping by living our Corporate Soul Purpose:
“As custodians of smarter global trade, we are conscious, soulful people uniting a world, where every person and action matters.”